‘I’m sure Mr Bruton would want to withdraw his remarks’ – President hits out at ex-Taoiseach amid partition event saga
President Michael D Higgins has hit out at “very extraordinary” remarks by former Taoiseach John Bruton around the decision not to attend a partition event in the North.
May be interesting
- 17.09.2021 Co Wexford has second lowest Covid rate as numbers continue to fall locally
- 17.09.2021 Jury hears paramedics’ account of scene – murder trial
- 17.09.2021 High moral ground always a risky strategy in politics says Green leader Eamon Ryan after Zapponegate debacle
- 17.09.2021 Captain Tom ‘would have loved’ new book One Hundred Reasons To Hope
- 17.09.2021 Teenage jockey Benoit de La Sayette gets six-month ban for cocaine use