Ireland has taken a ‘retrograde step’ with its shared history after President Higgins said he won’t attend centenary commemorati
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) leader Jeffrey Donaldson said the island of Ireland has taken a “retrograde step” in its shared history after President Michael D Higgins said he won’t be attending a church centenary commemoration in Armagh next month.
May be interesting
- 17.09.2021 The prospect of Graham Dwyer being released on a legal technicality, however slim, would be of great concern
- 17.09.2021 Mother apologises to family over son’s death in dog attack
- 17.09.2021 Linking pension age with life expectancy would cut ‘unsustainable’ State cost burden – Department report
- 17.09.2021 Jury hears paramedics’ account of scene – murder trial
- 17.09.2021 Co Wexford has second lowest Covid rate as numbers continue to fall locally